Friday, July 18, 2008

Miss Aimee B's Lemonade

Miss Aimee B's is a restaurant in St. Charles, MO...my old stomping grounds for the first decade or so of my existence. They make this special recipe lemonade at their restaurant and it is delightful on a summer day. Now, sit down. This has milk in it. I know, shudder, the horror! Actually, I've never known anybody to not like this, except my lactose-intolerant friends. But who wants to cook for those people anyway?

Miss Aimee B's lemonade
serves 4

4 lemons, washed well
4 cups of milk, you pick the percentage
2 cups sugar, believe it or not, that's conservative
club soda

-Cut the lemons in half and juice. Reserve everything.
-Take the peels and chop them up. You can do this in a mini-chopper, but don't go crazy and liquidize them.
-In a bowl or pitcher, take the lemon juice, lemon peels and sugar and mix them together well. Allow to sit for 1 hour on the counter, mixing occassionally if you remember to do so.
-Add milk to mix, stick in fridge, and refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours).
-Pour ingredients through cheesecloth or fine strainer (I use the strainer and have never had a problem) into a pitcher. Squeeze out all the liquid into the pitcher.
-Fill tumblers with ice. Fill half with lemonade mixture and half with club soda. Stir gently to mix and serve. ENJOY!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh. I haven't had lemonade from Miss Aimee B's in years! So good!